A data provider retrieves data from data sources to display information in real-time in PowerPoint.
As, Belgium: PresentationPoint Adds 6 New Data Providers to DataPoint for PowerPoint. It will be released on July 1, 2016.
New data providers are:
- Facebook page: show number of likes, check-ins, been heres etc.
- News (RSS) retrieves any RSS news feed with images and copies the featured images locally for displaying it on your slides with the best performance.
- Weather info: enter your city/state or country and display current weather condition, minimum and maximum temperatures, forecasts for the next days and weather icons included as well.
- Google Calendar: connect to your Google Calendar and display your appointments and events in real-time on your information screen via a PowerPoint slide show.
- Google Sheets: connect your charts and tables to online cloud data of Google Sheets. Use a browser or smartphone to update the data of your spreadsheet and have it displayed in real-time on your monitor or television screens.
- Microsoft SharePoint: a connectivity layer to your SharePoint server where you can display the content of SharePoint lists in real-time on your screen.
PresentationPoint builds software for information screens and digital signage software for companies worldwide. Information screens can be used in companies, exhibitions, school etc, to inform and motivate personnel and visitors with live information.